Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh to be a cyclist again!

Doing actual work again now that the June "break" is on and I can't hide behind any "I'm still recovering from that race" excuses. Feels good to be back in the saddle, getting some real work done.

Last night I headed down to the CNE to ride around in circles for a bit. It was a perfect evening -- not too much wind, nice temperature and even a couple riders who I treated as "carrots" when it was time to hit the gas. I can't imagine what it's going to be like there with 4000+ riders on Saturday morning for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. Who can believe it's already here?? Hope I'm ready to sit on my bike for six hours at a time.

This morning, it was up early again to head out for our weekly early-morning don ride. Still lots of room for joiners! That frees up the evening for a girls' night at SATC2. I'm trying to leave all standards and expectations at the door and just enjoy a few laughs. We'll see how it goes -- I know the critics aren't going overboard with the praise.

So other upcoming events:

Wednesday -- the return to the trainer ... ??!! Unless someone knows of a place where I can do 18 minutes of work as fast as I can without being interrupted by traffic, stop signs or lights. Caveat: need to be able to ride to it because I'm not sitting in rush hour traffic for the sake of a workout.

Friday -- the allergist. Woo hoo for scratch tests. Finally going to find out why my lips get itchy when I eat carrots (and some other strange phenomenon.) I'm very curious about this one.

Weekend -- the Ride to Conquer Cancer: my first true century. Twice in a row (aaargh). Dad's coming up too and I've just reminded myself to pick up ear plugs so I can hopefully get some rest in Snoresville tent city. I should get an air mattress too, but maybe I'll be so tired it won't matter and I can just spare myself the expense. Last chance to donate if you'd still like to support the ride!

Next thursday -- the sports medicine doctor. Ah yes. The great return to physio therapy looms. I never stay fixed for long *sigh*. This time, we shall see about knees and my personal favourite, the old "rib out", which is now two years old, first acquired on the 2008 Ride to Conquer Cancer.

First cottage weekend also coming up. Expect to get some great road riding in around Charleston Lake, plus relaxing and swimming of course. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment