Sunday, July 26, 2009

Breakfast of Champions!


Just sitting here waiting for trails to dry (where is the summer?!) enjoying a green smoothie. Can't say enough about these tasty drinks. Packed full of the nutrients we all need, they are nutritious and delicious. Plus, they're easy to make and quick to clean up. I have one every morning and it means as much to me as a regular cup of coffee does to the average Joe. Except I don't get the jitters and instead start my days clear-eyed and energized.

The fact is, most of us aren't getting the greens we need. The best nutrition advice you can give is "eat more fruits and vegetables more often". And green smoothies make following that advice soooo much easier. No need to get any more detailed than that here, so with that, I leave you with the first green smoothie I ever tried (the "gateway smoothie" ...)

Give it a whirl! All you need is a blender and a glass.

Strawberry - Banana - Romaine

7 leaves of romaine
(or the greens of your choice! Experiment!)
2 Bananas

1 cup of fresh
Ontario strawberries
2 cups of water

No comments:

Post a Comment