Monday, June 22, 2009

Test of Metal

I can't remember the last time I was this sore after a bike race. I'll be sure to post the whole story as soon as I can, but for now I just wanted to say it was a hell of a ride.

My time was just a few minutes over my race goal -- not bad since pacing was definitely a challenge.

The weather held, and only rained a little bit while I was struggling up the "9 mile" (praise Jesus!) so conditions were perfect. In fact, Max Plaxton was able to set a new course record.

The women's winner was Kamloops' Catharine Pendrel (of Olympic fame) with a time of 2 hours and 50 minutes. An honour to line up with the likes of Catharine!

The race was 67km, with 35km single track and 1,200m of climbing.

As for results, I was the 307th person across the line and 958 people finished. I was the 19th female, and 144 raced.

Stay tuned for the whole story (as soon as I can get my hands to work again ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment